We are able to assist you protecting your Intellectual Property rights in China
General Intellectual Rights Protection
We assist Australian businesses in protecting their general intellectual property rights in China to safe guard their market share in the largest market in the world.
We have affiliated specialist IP lawyers in China who are experienced and familiar with the relevant laws and processes in China. They work with the local authorities and law enforcement bodies on a daily basis. Our IP law specialists in China are also apt at identifying current infringements of your intellectual property rights and are able to prevent further infringements in a timely manner.
For unregistered business names, trademarks, patents, designs and domain names, we can arrange for their registration through our affiliated trade mark and patent attorneys and lawyers in China.
Trade Mark Licensing and Commercialisation in China
Our affiliated specialist IP lawyers in China have extensive expertise and skills in commercialising your trade mark rights in China and can assist you with managing all types of trade marks, brand names and domain names in relation to your sales and operations in China.
Trade Mark Infringement and Enforcement
Whether your trade mark is registered in China or not, having them protected and defended is vital to your business operations and developments in China. Our affiliated IP specialists in China are highly qualified and effective in acting for our Australian clients at a competitive cost.
Trade Mark Portfolio Management and Renewals
Our affiliated specialist IP lawyers in China can help you make sure that you comply with all maintenance and renewal deadlines of your trade mark registrations in China.
We provide legal services to property investors, land and apartment developers, landlords and tenants.
Our property law services include:
- The purchase and sale of residential, commercial and industrial properties
- FIRB application for foreign investors
- Joint ventures and co-operations in developments, funding agreement and project management
- Fixed fee conveyancing service for off-the-plan sales and purchases
- Leasing matters of commercial, residential and industrial properties
- Advise on capital gains tax, GST, stamp duty and land tax issues relating to property transactions
- Owners Corporation matters
- Adverse possession
Our lawyers have extensive experience in commerce and international commodity trade and corporate governance. This strength gives us the capability to assist our clients to achieve and sustain their business growth and add extra value to their business developments.
We can assist our clients in the following areas:
- Mergers and acquisitions and related due diligence, FIRB and stamp duty issues
- Corporate governance and directors’ duties
- PPSR issues and trading terms
- Pre-litigation dispute resolution and dispute management strategies
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, including:
- Unitholders agreements for unit trust and partnership agreements
- Sale & purchase agreements for business transactions
- Share disposal agreements
- Loan agreements, security agreements and mortgages
- Confidentiality and indemnity terms in commercial documents
With our extensive practical experience in corporate governance and corporations law practice, we can assist our clients to improve their corporate governance and level of compliance with law and ASIC rules.
We can assist our clients in the following areas in Corporate law and practice:
- Company registration and office holder appointments;
- Preparation and review of shareholders agreement and constitutions;
- Preparing or reviewing notices to and from ASIC or other authorities;
- Corporate advisory & consultancy service;
- Due diligence relating to companies;
- Fund raising and initial public offerings;
- Mergers & acquisitions for medium and small targets;
- Directors’ duties and corporate governance; and
- Company secretarial services